Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

192 Posts in 38 Topics by 34 members

Jump to:
Search

Amiga OS Projects

Forums » Amiga OS Projects » RadeonHD Driver Compatibility List

Please read the terms of service before posting. If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 Go to End
Author Topic:RadeonHD Driver Compatibility List 45038 Views
  • Hans
    Administrator
    231 Posts

Re: RadeonHD Driver Compatibility List Link to this post

@Spectre660

The cards all work ok under Windows so I assume that they are good.

Not necessarily. It could mean that the Windows drivers have workarounds to hide hardware bugs/problems. For example, at least one of the 6570s with the intermittent black screen issues "Works under Windows." Nevertheless, that card perform intermittently when using the exact same driver code that works 100% of the time with the majority of that specific model. You can't tell me that "that's normal and the cards are fine." No, that suggests that there is some sort of workaround that makes suspect boards work; if only we knew what it was...

I realise that we're talking about multiple different issues, but I hope that I have illustrated my point.

Incidentally, a quick search on the internet shows that such issues with Radeon HD cards are not restricted to just AmigaOS...

Hans

• Spectre660
    Community Member
    54 Posts

@Hans

I see your point.Was the 6570 in question tested on both X1000 and Sam460ex by any chance ?
    My deductions were based on 2 cards giving different results between a Sam440ep-flex and a Sam460ex.These being a 6770 and a 5670. All but one of the many cards that I tested , a 6750, showed Uboot on the Flex. Two would not show Uboot on the Sam460ex, the 6750 and a 6770.
    I hope that Acube will be able to shed some light on the issue soon.The last card that I tested on the Sam460ex was a HD5550 with no problems. So some newer cards do work on this machine.

• Hans
    Administrator
    231 Posts

@Spectre660

I see your point.Was the 6570 in question tested on both X1000 and Sam460ex by any chance ?
    Yes. I have both an A1-X1000 and a Sam460ex, and I tested it in both.

Hans

• Mozzerfan
    Community Member
    9 Posts

Regarding the black screen problem:

I totally forgot that I had the sam460EX_setup program from acube running on my system.
    This program never caused any trouble with my 4650, and it actually speed up the performance of my 4650 with update 4.
    4 days ago I checked my wbstartup programs and noticed I still use the program.
    I removed it from wbstartup, and since then I haven't had a black screen.
    It's still way to soon though to say if this caused the black screen problem.
    I will post the result if I know some more.

BTW, I don't even know if the program is still needed with update 5.

• Hans
    Administrator
    231 Posts

@Mozzerfan
    I removed it from wbstartup, and since then I haven't had a black screen.

Interesting. If confirmed, then this information should be passed on to ACube, as it should help them to track down and fix whatever is causing trouble in your particular card's case.

Hans

• Spectre660
    Community Member
    54 Posts

@ Hans

My HD6570 is also working ok now with my Sam460ex. Still the same problem needing a VGA adapter on the Sam440ep-Flex.Could it be that version 0.53 of the Radeon HD driver solves the issues on the Sam460ex ?. My last Sam460ex test was around the 06Sep12 with driver version 0.49 and I had the same problem. The 0.53 version of the driver is dated 18Sep12 .

• ddni
    Community Member
    1 Post

Just testing my 6850 in the X1000.

- ASUS
    - EAH6850 DIRECT CU - This one needs 2 PCI-e connectors. Double slot card.
    - 0x6739 (Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6800 Series])
    - The manufacturer's ID 0X1002
    - Works well. The RHDRTest_R700 demo gives a flashing grey screen

• Mozzerfan
    Community Member
    9 Posts

@Hans

I'm running my system for 4 weeks now without the sam460ex_setup utility and I'm happy to say that I haven't had a black screen since I removed the program from wbstartup.
    Maybe the program won't cause any trouble if I would start it from user-startup or startup-sequence, but I haven't tested that yet. When I don't get the the black screen when the program is running, I can't notice any speedup though ( I checked with gfxbench), so I really see no point anymore to run it.

So to sum it up:
    sam460ex_setup works great with my 4650 with update 4 and I get a speedup when running it.
    sam460ex_setup causes black screens with my 6570 ultimate with update 4 and 5 and it also doesn't have any effect when I don't get the black screen.

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: SeregaRit

Forums » Amiga OS Projects » RadeonHD Driver Compatibility List